This week we shall be making Chicken Stir Fry and Rice, its a very easy recipe and a winner any day plus its a very healthy meal and you have an opportunity to eat a lot of vegetables with plenty of vitamins and it is so fast to prepare. You can use beef, pork, chicken or turkey whatever kind of meat you like or have at that point in time can serve.
- vegetable oil
- sesame oil
- boneless, skinless chicken breast (you should always have these in your freezer they always come in handy)
- red bell pepper
- yellow bell pepper
- green pepper
- can water chestnuts
- chicken broth (chicken stock)
- hoisin sauce
- soy sauce
- powdered ginger
- cornstarch or cornflour
1. Slice the chicken into very small pieces, cut all the vegetables into bite size i.e the carrots, mushroom, red, yellow and green pepper, broccoli, can water chestnuts and onions.
2. In a large skillet,wok or pan, heat the oils (vegetable and sesame oil about a tablespoon each depending on the amount of chicken you are preparing). Add the chicken and cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
3. Pour in the broccoli, mushrooms, carrots, pepper, and onions and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
4. Stir in the water chestnuts.
5. In a small bowl, combine chicken broth (stock), hoisin sauce, soy sauce ( a table spoon not too much or it becomes too salty), ginger and corn starch or corn flour, mix them together until smooth.
6. Add the mixture to the chicken on fire and bring to a boil over medium -high heat.
7. reduce heat to medium- low, and simmer for 4 to 5 minutes, or until sauce thickens.
8. Serve over hot cooked rice
|Chicken Stir-fry with Rice|